Saturday, March 31, 2012

Vision Boards - a Visual & Spiritual Anchor


A very close friend of mine has been doing vision boards for quite some time now. And has had a lot of success with them. She's been encouraging me for ages to give it a go. So after much procrastination, I finally decided that I would.


I'd never really given it much thought. I just assumed it would be merely a case of pinning a few pictures to a corkboard and placing it somewhere where you could look at it every day.


But as it's turned out, I've discovered there's so much more to it than that - a much deeper, more spiritual aspect.



A vision board acts as a visual and spiritual anchor. A clear and concise declaration to the universe of what it is that you wish to call into your life. Having that kind of visual clarity is, I'm finding, incredibly empowering and re-affirming.



I've ended up with 5 boards in all - each one focused on a very specific area of my life. There's no wrong or right way - that's just the way I've chosen to do it.


I have them all lined up around my bedroom - they are the last thing I see before I drift off to sleep each night, and the very first thing I see when I wake up in the morning.



Now I have my whole dream life laid out before me, in a series of beautiful images and empowering words and affirmations. I'm finding I'm spending a lot of time just sitting - looking at them - dreaming...


I'm very grateful to Shazz for the initial encouragement.



And through the spiritual journey that this whole project has become, I've discovered some wonderful people who I now have immense respect for - people like Christine Kane (Christine has a very good clip on youtube about vision boards and an excellent ebook which is available for free from her website - for which, I am truly grateful), Lilou Mace, Marc Allen, and Sonia Choquette.


It's turned out to be one of the most fulfilling and rewarding exercises I've undertaken.


I'd been losing sight of the dream - but now that dream is very much alive again.

It's an exercise I would certainly recommend anyone going through.

Love & light

.................................
EDIT (6 april 12):

I've never really actively promoted this blog in any way, and it would be fair to say that up until now it has been infrequently used, but I've had such a beautiful journey with these vision boards that I want to encourage and inspire anyone else who might find their way here to consider doing their own boards. So I've decided to create a link to a public album that I recently created on my Facebook account. You will also need to have a Facebook account in order to view them as I have posted them to my personal albums, not on my Photography Page. Just log in and the link will take you directly there. :)

Perhaps it will inspire you too...

No comments:

Post a Comment